Contact Us- The Best Waterproofing Companies
DON’T HESITATE TO CONTACT US AT ANY TIME!
Get In Touch
Why we need waterproofing?
- To enhance the durability of the structure
- To ensure a hygienic environment
- Pleasing aesthetic appearance
What is waterproofing?
Waterproofing can explain as the construction of an internal or external part that has the ability to enter or flow away water from an absorbent layer. There are many different means to provide internal or external membranes in the construction industry. Internal membranes are provided via waterproofing admixtures, which are added to the concrete during the mixing process. External layers are provided sheet membrane or liquid coating on the concrete surface.
What is the purpose of waterproofing?
Waterproofing is the composition of the material that used to resist water from entering to construction or a closed surface. Its primary purpose is to resist hydrostatic pressure exerted by moisture in the liquid state.
What are the types of waterproofing?
- Cementitious Waterproofing
- Liquid Waterproofing Membrane
- Bituminous Membrane
- Bituminous Coating
- Polyurethane Liquid Membrane
Essential properties of waterproofing materials
- Minimize the absorption of water by substrate
- Sufficient bonding strength with the substrate to resist the outward thrust caused by hydrostatic pressure
- Elasticity necessary to avoid cracking and leaking
- Puncture resistance
- Dimensional stability
- Durability when exposing to the environmental agents of degradation(Wind, rain, temperature and UV radiation)
- Waterproof but not vapor proof
- Elongation at rupture
- Tear resistance
- Good flexibility at low temperature
- Water tightness
Common reasons for waterproofing failure
- Wrong waterproofing systems
- Wrong application tools
- Wrong mixing properties
- Water storage of waterproofing material
- Poor substrate/surface preparation
- Tight schedule at the site
- Bad maintenance practices
- The application under direct sun or during rain
- Failure to protect the application from other services
Causes of water seepage through concrete slabs/roof
- Faulty construction (especially when using in-situ concrete with incorrect proportions and water/cement ratio)
- Improper compaction
- Uneven settlement
- Improper slope
- Water stagnation
Waterproofing companies in Colombo
In Colombo, you can find the waterproofing company, but we are the best waterproofing company in Colombo. We provide our service in all areas in Sri Lanka. You can contact any time any waterproofing consulting service for free.