Contact Us- The Best Waterproofing Companies
DON’T HESITATE TO CONTACT US AT ANY TIME!
Get In Touch
Why we need waterproofing?
- To enhance the durability of the structure
- To ensure a hygienic environment
- Pleasing aesthetic appearance
What is waterproofing?
Waterproofing can be explained as the construction of an internal or external system that has the ability to prevent water from entering or flowing away from an absorbent layer. In the construction industry, there are various methods to achieve internal or external waterproofing. Internal membranes are often provided through the use of waterproofing admixtures, which are added to the concrete during the mixing process. On the other hand, external layers are applied using sheet membranes or liquid coatings on the concrete surface.
What is the purpose of waterproofing?
Waterproofing is the application of materials used to prevent water from entering a construction or a closed surface. Its primary purpose is to resist the hydrostatic pressure exerted by moisture in its liquid state.
What are the types of waterproofing?
- Cementitious Waterproofing
- Liquid Waterproofing Membrane
- Bituminous Membrane
- Bituminous Coating
- Polyurethane Liquid Membrane
Essential properties of waterproofing materials
- Minimize the absorption of water by substrate
- Sufficient bonding strength with the substrate to resist the outward thrust caused by hydrostatic pressure
- Elasticity necessary to avoid cracking and leaking
- Puncture resistance
- Dimensional stability
- Durability when exposing to the environmental agents of degradation(Wind, rain, temperature and UV radiation)
- Waterproof but not vapor proof
- Elongation at rupture
- Tear resistance
- Good flexibility at low temperature
- Water tightness
Common reasons for waterproofing failure
- Wrong waterproofing systems
- Wrong application tools
- Wrong mixing properties
- Water storage of waterproofing material
- Poor substrate/surface preparation
- Tight schedule at the site
- Bad maintenance practices
- The application under direct sun or during rain
- Failure to protect the application from other services
Causes of water seepage through concrete slabs/roof
- Faulty construction (especially when using in-situ concrete with incorrect proportions and water/cement ratio)
- Improper compaction
- Uneven settlement
- Improper slope
- Water stagnation
Waterproofing companies in Colombo
In Colombo, you can find many waterproofing companies, but we proudly consider ourselves the best waterproofing company in Colombo. Our services extend to all areas in Sri Lanka, ensuring that we cater to customers throughout the country. We offer 24/7 availability for any waterproofing consultation, and our services are provided free of charge. Feel free to contact us anytime for expert waterproofing consulting.